5 Day Daintree Rainforest & Port Douglas Tour (Valid April 2020 - March 2021. PVOD)
- Duration: 5 Days (approx.)
- Product code: PVOD
5 Day Daintree Rainforest & Port Douglas Tour
(Valid April 1st 2020 to March 31st 2021)
Boutique East Coast Australia Tour: Small groups, locally owned & operated. Food, wine, beaches, walks, wildlife and amazing nature experiences daily. Sleep well in hand picked hotel accommodation.
- Small Group Tour (Min 1, Max 16 Guests
- 4 Star Accommodation
- 4 breakfasts included, 2 delicious local lunch experiences
- 1 Welcome dinner + drinks, 1 Farewell dinner + drinks
- Visit Barron Gorge lookout
- Visit Cape Tribulation
- Visit Kuranda
- Daintree rainforest walk - Off the beaten track interpretive, sustainable walk
with a local passionate expert
- Cooper Creek nature cruise - Spot crocodiles, birds, fish in the wild
- Mosman Gorge entry and soft walk
- 2 hour local wetland & native title experience with local first nations
- First nation painting class
- Private coach transport
- Experienced driver/guide
Focus and unique selling points:
- Small groups allow for an intimate touring experience (Min 1, max 16)
- We include ‘must-sees’ but we also expose our guests to family-run hospitality,
locally-produced food and wine, and a variety of down-to-earth experiences
- We understand the importance of utilising the local community and businesses to
create sustainable and long lasting relationships
- We use a mix of 4 star, boutique & family run accommodation so guests sleep well at night.
- Active tour style provides opportunities for nature walks, snorkelling, swimming,
spotting animals in the wild
- Twin Share room with bathroom: AUD $2,250 per person. Ideal option for a single traveller who wants to share a room (No forced single supplements - If we can't match you with a same gender traveller, we will upgrade you for free).
- Adult Double Room with bathroom: AUD $2,250 per person. Ideal for a couple or friends/family travelling together (Tell us if you want to share a bed together, or you want 2
- Single Room with bathroom: AUD $2,850 per person: Private rooms with own bathroom. Ideal for solo travellers enjoying the company of others by day & a private room at night.
Age Requirements & Tour Style: Must be 18+ to travel on the tour unless an approved minor (8-17 years old) is accompanied by an adult. All guest must be young in spirit & active enough to participate daily in light to medium walks, some lasting up to 2 hours.
Departure Dates: *Day 1 is always in on a Friday Cairns & Day 5 is always a Tuesday in Cairns.
Start Date (Always a Friday in Cairns)
Key: B = Breakfast, L = lunch, D = Dinner
Day 1: Cairns to Port Douglas (Via Barron Falls & Kuranda Village) - Friday
Your adventure begins with a welcome meeting at 11am. With the formalities out of the way, it’s time to hit the road for Port Douglas, with a couple of stops en route to break up the journey. First up is a Barron Gorge
lookout that looks over a set of tumbling falls bursting from the rainforest. Continue to the town of Kuranda. This little mountain village is the perfect place to grab a quick lunch (not included), before our stunning drive along the coast to Port Douglas. Take in views of cliffs covered in distinct native flora on one side and glittering blue ocean on the other. Arrive at the accommodation and spend a few hours before we take an orientation tour around Port Douglas. Stop at Trinity Bay lookout point to admire the perfect crescent of sand and surf in the twilight. Head to a local restaurant for drinks and dinner with your fellow travellers, then return to the resort for the evening. (D). Accommodation: Paradise Links Resort: https://paradiselinks.com.au/port-douglas-accommodation/
Day 2: Daintree Rainforest Interpretive Walk, Nature Cruise (Spot crocodiles, birds, fish in the wild),
delicious lunch, Cape Tribulation Lookout – Saturday
Today we are talking rainforest and nature adventure. We cross the river into the Daintree Rainforest. Meet up with a local family who live and breathe the rainforest, so much so that they hosted David Attenborough’s documentary crew when they were filming in the area. Spend some time learning from them about the forest, then continue exploring with a cruise along Cooper Creek. Your guide will point out crocodiles, birds and other wildlife while you glide through the water. Stop for an included lunch at a heritage restaurant smack-bang in the middle of the forest. If you need to cool off, there is also time to take a swim before continuing to Cape Tribulation. Take in views over the cape from a lookout, then head down to the beach for a guided walk and to learn about the region’s history. Return to the resort for the evening, where you can grab dinner at one of the restaurants within walking distance, or choose to enjoy an optional al fresco dinner experience with Flames of the Forest - Your guide can help you reserve on day 1 of tour. (B, L). Accommodation: Paradise Links Resort: https://paradiselinks.com.au/port-douglas-accommodation/
Day 3: Port Douglas – Optional Day
Enjoy a day to explore this tropical paradise at your own pace. Talk to your leader on day 1 about your options like: snorkelling, reef tours and land nature experiences. If you chose to relax locally for the day, your leader will also be on hand today to provide a transfer to Port Douglas town (and back) at 10am and 6.30pm. If you’d prefer to move as little as possible, you could always take a day to unwind with spa treatments at the resort or chill by the pool with a book (B). Accommodation: Paradise Links Resort: https://paradiselinks.com.au/port-douglas-accommodation/
Day 4: Mossman Gorge walk, lookouts + first nation wetland tour & short painting class
Back into the action with a guided walk through the rainforest of Mossman Gorge. Work up an appetite on this gentle 1.5-hour hike, then grab morning tea (not included) before heading to Kuyu Kuyu (Cooya Beach) for an educational experience with a local member of the Kuku Yalanji family. Learn to throw a spear, which plants are edible and how Kuku Yalanji people live in harmony with the ever-shifting landscape. Enjoy lunch, then join an Aboriginal painting class in the afternoon. Learn about the significance of traditional and contemporary art and storytelling to First Nations people and leave with a small souvenir. Return to the resort in the early evening and enjoy a few free hours to relax. Grab dinner tonight with your group and toast to the beauty of the country around you (B, L, D). Accommodation: Paradise Links Resort: https://paradiselinks.com.au/port-douglas-accommodation/
Day 5: Cairns
Enjoy breakfast and time for one last swim before we return to Cairns. We will make one drop-off stop at Cairns Airport and another at a central hotel in Cairns. Before your tour begins please us, or your travel agent know which option you would prefer (B).
Post Tour accommodation is available through Via Travel.
Cairns: The Riley Hotel will be used until the 1st Jan 2020. From then on we will stay in The Bailey Hotel. See hotels here - crystalbrookcollection.com
Extending your stay in Cairns? Ask your travel agent if you can book extra accommodations nights. Ask
us about short trips/activities for after the tour ends.